Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tabby Cat

"Tabby Cat"
6 x 6, oil original
~sold

"I just love animals, " is what he said to me after I told him I was proud of him for what he was doing.  I had my little wounded dog with me at the vet, and the sweet elderly man was sitting next to me.  He was so concerned about my dog.  He reached out and touched his nose and told me that he could tell he was a good dog.  I agreed with him.  I found out he had found these kittens along with the mama at his home.  Someone probably dropped them off, he said.  He was asking everyone in the waiting room if they needed a kitten.  He left while the kittens were being vaccinated and went to Petco, about fifteen minutes away.  He came back in about forty-five minutes later, smiling, and said that Petco would take them if they had their shots.  He had two little kennels to put them in to take them to Petco.  "Wow," I thought to myself.  I don't know about you, but for me, it's nice to know that there are folks like this in this world... taking a day of their time to take care of little helpless kittens... trying to find them a home.  Before he left I gave him a hug and told him it was so nice to see him.  He told me that this was harder than teaching kids.  Thanks, Mr. Edge.  You made my day a better day.

14 comments:

  1. Your painting made my heart go pitter patter and you get a big purrrrfect from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie :) What a purrrrfect compliment :)

      Delete
  2. "Tabby Cat" is gorgeous . . . and I love your story, which tugged at my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda. It tugged at mine as well, which is why I wanted to share :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting! I love how you have mixed so many colors in with the brown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story and SWEET painting! I love the translucency of the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story and this painting is amazing. I love the colors and sense of light in it.

    ReplyDelete