Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom

"Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom"
6.25" x 6.25" oil on linen
~ a gift for my friends

This year was my first year to go to Disney World, and I owe a big part of being encouraged to go to my friends Terry and Cheryl.  They told me, "You have to go."  I must admit, the thought of going was pretty intimidating.  I have had several friends encourage me to go... but Terry and Cheryl took an extra step.  They told their daughter, who just might be the biggest Disney fan I know, to call me and offer to help me book the trip.  She invited me to her home and had my whole trip planned out on a spreadsheet... wow!  (I'll post my painting that I gave to her tomorrow).  Just my younger son and I went, and we had a magical time.  I wanted to paint Cinderella's Castle because of my first impression that I had when I saw it.  We entered into Magic Kingdom and there. it. was.  I'm serious, I got emotional.  I just stood there and felt like I was about five years old.  I have to tell you all, I am now a huge Disney World fan.  I absolutely loved that place.  I can't wait to go back.  If you've never been, no matter your age... go.  Oh, and make sure to get a Dole Whip float in Magic Kingdom.

Below is a picture of me and my son right after we saw the castle for the first time.  I wouldn't trade the time we had together and the fun we had for a million dollars.


2 comments:

  1. My first thought was, wow...she is so pretty...and the second was she looks too young to have a tall handsome son that age!
    Glad you are sharing these lifetime memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie... needed that today! (I actually have one older than him!)

      Delete