Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good Pear

"Good Pear"
7 x 5, oil on linen panel
$225

A while back, I had a tendency to paint a pear in a lot of my paintings.  I love painting pears.  But I've been restraining from painting them for some reason.  I think it may have something to do with my sweet and encouraging hubby coming in and saying, "Oh, another pear painting."  However, the other day he brought in a bag of his mother's pears off her pear tree... the kind my daughter eats like candy.  The touch of red on one side of the green pear was screaming at me.  I decided to paint just a single pear... wanting to capture the simplicity yet the beauty of a tasty pear freshly picked off the tree.  My husband walked in after work and looked at this painting and said, "Well that's a good pear."  Hmmm.  I may start painting pears again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment