Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eliza

"Eliza"
11 x 14, commission, sold

I "met" Charles online as he purchased a painting from me a few months ago.  He also wanted to commission me to paint a painting for his wife, Michelle, for Christmas.  However, I just received an email from him letting me know he was so excited to receive the email "proof" that he went ahead and showed Michelle the painting :)  So he gave me the "go ahead" to post and share.

Charles sent me several pictures of travels to see if I had a preference to paint one in particular.  I absolutely loved all the pictures he sent me of his daughter, Eliza.  Once the picture was decided, Charles very sweetly let me know that the sweater was an important part of the painting because his daughter wore that sweater everywhere, and that was a special year for his family.

He sent me this additional picture to show me her posing in front of the Palace of Versailles, and this really helped me set the mood for the happy painting.


As a mother, I know the significance attached to certain favorite items of clothing.  For me it included airplane shoes, a "monster for sale -- or rent" sweatshirt, and a "sporty girl" t-shirt.  So I took that sentimental feeling of those precious treasured items and poured it into the colorful sweater.

I love being able to get to know people through art and also having a part in preserving memories on canvas.  Thank you again, Charles.

2 comments:

  1. Gina - I'm the one it was painted for, and I couldn't be more thrilled. It is absolutely beautiful and it absolutely captures our precious blessing :-) I was stunned when he showed me and I can't wait to see it in person!! Thank you for taking such care and time to make it perfect, we will treasure it forever. What a gift you have...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle :) I'm so thankful that you love the painting. It has been my pleasure to get to know your husband and the love that he has for you and Eliza. By the way, your photography talent is AMAZING. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to sending you your painting!

    ReplyDelete