Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Princess Suki

"Princess Suki"
5 x 7, oil on linen, sold (commission)

This is a precious story to share.  Margaret saw a cat painting that I posted recently online and contacted me about painting her cat.  She told me that this little kitten was abandoned and she and her husband was going to foster her until her health was restored.  Margaret shared with me that she told her husband that no one would want this little three month old kitten, and her husband, Andy, said, "She must really be ugly."


As a matter of fact, Margaret called her the world's ugliest kitten.  Her husband began feeding her every morning, and even taught her to play fetch with the ring from a milk bottle cap.  They fell in love with the little kitten that was first named "Spookie" and renamed her "Princess Suki."  Margaret said that Andy could not even consider giving her up and that she is now a beautiful, long hair tortie.  She follows Andy everywhere he goes.  She gave me a photo to paint from that was taken on Andy's desk while he was working on the computer.  I added the flower and changed the books a little with Margaret's permission.

I completed this painting a few weeks ago but didn't post because this was going to be a Christmas present for Andy.  But Margaret said she couldn't wait and went ahead and gave it to him, so I'm able to go ahead and share it.  Thanks again, Margaret!!!


6 comments:

  1. Love the story. Life and people can be wonderful

    Your painting is fabulous with Princess Suki's eyes looking right at the viewer and I adore the paw hanging over the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. You're right... life and people can be wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I had to smile when I saw your painting, Gina - so very feline in expression and repose! Love the composition and I would guess that Andy is just thrilled with his early Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and such a sweet story. You did a great job with the composition and I'm sure it made Andy very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, a sweet story indeed. :)

      Delete