Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tootsie Roll Pop

"Tootsie Roll Pop"
8 x 8, oil on linen panel

She went prowling past us.  Glaring almost.  I thought to myself, what is she looking at?  Her mother was right behind her, observed the look and started laughing.  "She LOVES lollipops!"

Oh!  My mother and I were sitting beneath the shade of the blue beach umbrella both enjoying my mom's favorite little low calorie snack... tootsie roll pops.  I wasn't even thinking about having one as the little girl was walking by.  It didn't occur to me what she was looking at so intently until her mother explained.

My mom immediately responded.  "May I give her one?"

"Sure."  The mom giggled as she answered.

Navy swimsuit girl shyly tip toed to my sweet mom.  "Red okay?"  asked my mother.  Navy swimsuit girl snatched the lollypop.  Navy swimsuit girl smiled.  And my mom made a new friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment