Monday, December 31, 2012

"Empress Annie"

"Empress Annie"
7 x 5, oil on linen
sold

This was another little cat commission of a precious pet named "Empress Annie."  Her owner, Margaret, told me she got her as a "foster" when she was about four weeks old and bottle fed her.  Empress Annie went to work with Margaret until she was about four months old, and Margaret could never find a perfect home for her.  Margaret gave me a few photos of Annie to choose from... but she mentioned to me that she has so many facial expressions, and I had to paint the one where she seemed to be smiling.  Thanks again, Margaret.

And below, is a picture of a painting I was commissioned to do for a Christmas present.  The little boy, Bentley (the couples' grandson) found himself in the painting.

"The House that Built Me ~ The Musicks' Homeplace"
11 x 14, oil on linen

7 comments:

  1. This cat makes me smile...what a happy face.
    Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!!!
    all the best to you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia :) Happy New Year to you too!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh the perfect "Empress" painting. You captured a pretty good smile.
    Makes me smile. Thanks Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellently painted ...seems to be smiling indeed, how funny ! Wish you a Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, Happy New Year to you, too!!!

      Delete
  4. This picture is very sweet and adorable. I love the smile on the cat.

    ReplyDelete