Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Lamp Glow"

"Lamp Glow"
6.25 x 6.25, oil on linen panel

Do you have special things and spaces in your home?  I'm not talking about expensive material things, but items that have a past, that remind you of someone or some place, or just a spot that makes you happy.  I have several such spaces within my home, and this painting represents one of them.  It's my mother's mother's lamp, sitting upon my dresser in my bedroom.  I love my bedroom, because it's one space in my home that I keep tidy and clutter free all the time, so that when I go in there at bedtime, it's very relaxing.  Oh, and there's no television, kinda something my husband and I decided not to have a long time ago, and a decision I still support.  My wrought iron bed faces this lamp, and I love walking in the room at night and just the glow of the lamp lights the room.  So if you're taking the time to read this, I encourage you... find or make your own "happy spaces" within your home.  And if you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about yours and even see pictures... so please send them my way.

5 comments: