Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Tim Tebow" ~ my daughter's Alpaca

"Tim Tebow"
a painting of my daughter's Alpaca
8 x 8,
not for sale

My daughter Blaire has a special love for animals.  I think at the age of six she told a friend that when she gets big she was going to open a zoo and an aquarium in our hometown.  I've heard that the person that loves animals has the most tender soul... I have to say I agree.  Thankfully, just around the corner from our home, live the Gamblins, owners of Timberlake Alpacas.  I've taken my kids to visit there since they were little.  This past summer, Mrs. Peggy asked if Blaire would like to come help her three days a week at their farm.  My daughter started crying when I asked her if she wanted to...   I told her that Mrs. Peggy wasn't going to pay her and before I could say anything else my daughter said, "I should pay HER!"  But I went on to explain to my daughter that Mrs. Peggy wanted to let her earn her own alpaca.    This is one of Blaire's alpacas that she's earned.  She named him, "Tim Tebow."  Next week, Tebow turns one year old and I've already been informed that we will celebrate his birthday :)



Tebow, Blaire, and Pansy

12 comments:

  1. wow, I love how you captured your daughter´s alpaca in paint! We have an alpaca ranch near my house and I drive by them often and I love all the assorted colors of their fur. These cream ones look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia :) Love your blog and thanks for visiting mine :) Alpacas are soft.. you should try to pet one sometime.

      Delete
  2. Wonder people who are generous plus great role models. Your daughter is so very lucky. Supportive parents and supportive adults are what each child needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Kate. My heart goes out to children who need someone to love them.

      Delete
  3. What an inspiring story and a beautiful painting to match. Your daughter is quite the young lady. I love the name Tim Tebow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story and beautiful painting to match. Your daughter is quite the young lady. And I love the name Tim Tebow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry, I love the name too... she loves that Tim Tebow (the person) is such a great example for Christ.

      Delete
  5. FABULOUS, Gina and I love the story too, but the painting...and the eyes...oh, they are just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, everyone should check out your work for sure :)

      Delete
  6. Those are the ones that can spit right? If so, wow I feel like I'm in the line of fire lol. Nice painting, you did a great job capturing the likeness.

    ~Randall

    ReplyDelete