Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Keith Law" Selma, Alabama

 "Keith Law"  Selma, Alabama
Day 1 of the Selma Pilgrimage
9 x 12, oil, palette knife

This was my first painting at the Selma Pilgrimage last weekend.  I loved the way the morning sun was hitting the house, though by the end of the painting I think I was a little blind from it.  I love all the history involved in each house on the pilgrimage.  The folks in Selma really go all out to make this a wonderful event.  I enjoyed being there for my fourth consecutive year.  The Alabama Plein Air artists had what I believe its best turnout yet... 27 artists come from all over the state to paint.  I met some new folks that I hope to paint with again one day.

To see more about the annual Selma Pilgrimage, please visit their website.

Also, I love following Janet Gresham's blog, a daily diary of happenings in Selma.  She's an artist behind the camera :)  Visit her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment