Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Sturdivant Rose Garden"

"Sturdivant Rose Garden"
plein air
12 x 12, oil, sold

~click on the image to see more pics~

I just returned from another wonderful trip to Selma, Alabama.  This was my fourth year to attend the Selma Pilgrimage with the Alabama Plein Air Artists.  My artist friend Karen Weir and her husband Jim were so kind to allow me to stay in their guest house (awesome hosts!!! - Thanks again :).


Notice the roses are not in bloom... thankfully the master gardener Sheryl Smedley was in Sturdivant Hall and was able to tell me that the roses are pink :)

The above painting was sold to my Selma friend Debe Henry.  I first met Ted and Debe four years ago during my first visit to Selma.  I found out after I had painted the rose garden that Ted and Debe donated gazebo to the museum.  She showed me the brickwork around the border with all of her grandchildrens' names engraved on them.  Thanks again Debe!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate... it was a wonderful time :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete