Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Eleven"

"Eleven"
6 x 6, oil

I managed to get my daughter to sit for me while I painted her.  It wasn't an easy task on her part.  She got very fidgety and was not a happy camper.  I kept having to tell her to turn her head a little more towards me, smile a little... no, not that much...  I actually thoroughly enjoyed it.  But I may not get her to sit for me again until she's about "Fourteen."  

I sometimes get asked if I do commissions.  Yes, I welcome them.  But I do charge more for portraits, just because they are more difficult for me and they take more time.  A 6 x 6 portrait is $350 unframed.  Other sizes available of course.  And yes, I paint from photos.  Email me if interested, and thanks again for taking an interest in my art and reading my blog.  I truly appreciate you.

1 comment:

  1. What a delight this portrait is! Yes, she is eleven and sweeter than sugar! What a tender wee smile and beautiful blue eyes! You have done a fantastic job, Gina!

    ReplyDelete