Saturday, April 20, 2013

"There She Is"

"There She Is"
10.25 x 3.75, oil, available
email me if interested in purchasing.

I see so many paintings of cardinals, but most of the time it's the male I see, and I must admit, I have only painted the male myself.  Yesterday while sitting at my easel, a female cardinal came and sat on my bird feeder and I took several pictures of her.  I always feel kinda bad for the female bird because the male gets all the wonderful color.  It was then that I noticed... she really is beautiful herself.

2 comments:

  1. In the animal kingdom, the males ALWAYS seem to need brighter plumage, feather, fur, or color; the females do just fine without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just the opposite with humans... we women need the makeup, dye our hair, etc. LOL

      Delete