Monday, May 27, 2013

"Got One, Pop Pop"

"Got One, Pop Pop"
9 x 12, oil 

My life is full of blessings.  Sure I have bumps in the road from time to time, but doesn't everyone?  I read a great quote yesterday...  "We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them."

I was talking to my mother this morning about a time in our lives that our foundation was definitely shaking.  She and I agreed, that had it not happened... we wouldn't be as happy as we are today.  We now see what God saw all along... what was best.

This is a painting of my Daddy, my childrens' Pop Pop... fishing with my little Mason with his little curls all over his head.  My little Mason is much taller than me now.  Mason still loves to fish, something that he's picked up from my father.

Life is full of moments, so many that I've come to realize that sometimes I need to live my life exhausted.  I've missed a few moments that I regret, and I don't like regrets.  All I can do is strive to not have anymore.  

One thing I truly love about painting is capturing my feelings, memories, and emotions on canvas.  I tell folks that my heart extends down my arm and onto my brush when I paint.  And that brings me joy.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting of family love. it really tells a story.

    I love the quote Gina. So true - wish I had it in hand years ago. It is only through the process of time have I learned to trust completely in HIS shaking of my foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I love the quote too :)

      Delete
  2. What a dear story and I love that the heart extends down into the paint brush. So true!!!

    ReplyDelete