Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Limelight 2013"

 "Limelight 2013"
10 x 10, oil on linen

(click on picture to read full story and see more pics)
This painting was done mostly on-site (plein air) a couple of days ago... and I finished it up last night by including the owners' two doggies and neighborhood goose in the painting.  I previously painted this house during the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational a couple of years ago as a 6 x 6 house portrait.  You can see my first painting here.  The Gadsden Museum of Art purchased my first painting, and the owners decided they wanted one larger.  So they contacted me a few weeks ago and let me know that they are moving, and wanted a portrait of their home to take with them.

 
The cute little chorkies

For my artist friends that have an Easy L easel, I used this handy little clip for holding a canvas... worked great and very easy and inexpensive :)

work in progress...

Look at this gorgeous home :)  There are several homes all in a row, all different colors... quite a sight to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment