Monday, October 7, 2013

A Quiet Corner

"A Quiet Corner"
9 x 12, oil on linen panel

Last weekend I took another workshop class with artist John Guernsey.  I consider John a good friend of mine.  I first met him back in 2009 at the first Southeastern Plein Air Festival in Gadsden, Alabama.  John is one of those artists that I highly respect for his hard work and talent.  He has recently won some very prestigious awards for his work and I'm so happy for him.  Above is one of the paintings I completed at the workshop.  If you look at John's work on his blog (click here) you can see how he loves subjects with strong light and shadow.  One thing that I've learned from other artists is that one should never stop learning.  I think that's what keeps me going... I'm always trying to get better.  John is even humble in his teaching by saying he's still trying to figure things out and try new things.  If you get the opportunity to take a workshop with him, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment