Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dreamscape 1

"Dreamscape #1"
10 x 10, oil
Click here to purchase

One of my favorite Van Gogh quotes is "I dream of painting and then I paint my dream."  I have this quote at the top of my blog and I also wear it around my neck on a silver charm that was given to me by my friend Shelby.  I love this quote because it really defines a part of me.  So often at night as I'm drifting off to sleep, I see beautiful paintings in my head... splotches of colors and images that I wish so badly I could put on canvas.  I've decided to try to do just that.  This isn't quite what was in my head... but it's moving towards that direction.  I don't know how many of these I'll attempt... but it was a nice challenge as well as escape from the commissions I just completed.

2 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. I love the palette and the clean brush strokes. It speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete