Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Nevermore"

"Nevermore"
5 x 7, oil
~ sold ~
~ Painting #7 of 30 paintings in 30 days

My preacher, Wayne Dunaway, has an amazing memory.  For example, in Bible studies, we can ask him a question and he'll say, turn to ... and know exactly what book, chapter and verse and then quote it.  It's pretty impressive.  He also writes poetry and recites them in his sermons.  But one of the most impressive poems he recites is Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven."  He says it with such feeling, and his eyes get really big when he tells it.  So while trying to come up with something I've never painted again today.. I thought of a raven.  I've painted little colorful songbirds.  But not a solid black raven.  Quite a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I love Edgar Allen Poe, and I love your painting. Aren't ministers amazing with their knowledge of the bible!

    ReplyDelete