Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snowbird

"Snowbird"
12 x 12, oil on linen

I was in my painting room during our little snow storm here in Alabama and noticed all the birds outside of my four windows.  Truly, they were everywhere.  Maybe they always are... and I just could see them easier because of the snow.  I got my camera to see if I could take a picture of a nice little fat one sitting in the tangled limbs of my crepe myrtle tree.  As I focused the lens, I was waiting on a perfect pose from him and I went ahead and held the button down half-way so it would auto focus.  I accidentally pressed the button and when the shutter cleared, the bird was gone.

There are many life lessons within the above short story.  Take time to enjoy the beauty of God's creation.  He takes care of the birds, He'll take care of me.  Don't wait for the perfect moment, enjoy the perfectness within every moment.  .

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside of your Father's care.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."  ~ Matthew 10:29-31

2 comments:

  1. really lovely, I feel the chill, you have captured a certain atmoshere

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice painting and nice post. I'm so enjoying the birds this winter.

    ReplyDelete