Saturday, February 22, 2014

Workshop News - A wonderful 2 days :)

 "From Me to You"
12 x 9, oil on linen
$375 unframed, click here to purchase through Paypal, or email me if interested.


All set up and painting

participants' work

more of their work

 The awesome group :)
Gale, Smokey, Candee, Judy, Wanda, Joyce, Robin, Anna & Tracy
Thanks again, ladies!!!

I had a wonderful group in my workshop the last two days at the Gadsden Museum of Art.  I wanted everyone to find joy in painting... that was my goal.  I watched a demo several years ago by a well-known artist... and he expressed that painting was in no way relaxing.  I have to disagree with him.  For me, painting is a form of expression of my joy and thankfulness for the beauty of God's world, and that brings a peace to me.  From the beginning of the workshop, I aimed to help each artist overcome similar hurdles I've been through in my journey.  It was so encouraging to me to see "light bulb" reactions.  I also continued to share how I paint several paintings that no one sees... that I make mistakes, and that's just part of the learning process.  In one demo, after a couple of hours of walking around, I looked up and realized that it didn't look right.  So I showed them how it's okay to realize that and admit it to oneself, and fix it.

Above is my first demo from the workshop.. an exercise on limited strokes, freshness, and painting with intention.  I know they heard the word "intention" more than they wanted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment