Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Something Blue and New

"Something Blue and New"
10 x 8, oil on linen panel
~ sold

I just got back from my daughter's alpaca show in Sevierville, Tennessee.  We had such a fun time.  During a break at the show, I went with me Dad to a nearby flea market and bought the beautiful blue vase I used in this painting.  I'm sure you'll be seeing it some more.

My daughter marks off the days before the alpaca show like it's Christmas.  Here's a picture of her from the show.  She won first place in performance (which is taking the alpaca through an obstacle course) and second place in showmanship (which is teaching them how to actually "show" an alpaca.  The competition was even tougher this time because she was in the older division, and was the youngest in the group.  I'm so thankful she's getting to do what she loves :)


~ Thank you so much for following my work!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting... as always...
    But, an alpaca show? I had no idea there was such a thing! I love it! I'd love to go to one one day! Her partner (the alpaca) looks like a fine gentleman, or lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and yes Helen, alpaca shows.... hee hee. I really enjoy going to them! Alpacas are such sweet animals :)

      Delete