Friday, March 21, 2014

Where Thou Goest

"Where Thou Goest"
18 x 18, oil

This is a wedding commission I just completed for a beautiful young couple, T.J. and Kaitlin.  Their wedding is tomorrow.  I can't express their love better than Kaitlin does when she retells their proposal:

"He led me to the bench with his bible and a little brown box in one hand and my hand in the other.  As we sat on the bench he told me that he had made the cross with the help of my family using old barn wood from my grandfather’s barn, and said he wanted to start this new chapter of our lives off right, at the foot of the cross.  He shared some verses from his bible and promised to strive to be the husband God has called him to be, he then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him."

Thank you for following my work!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Gina! Wow, your painting and Wow, TJ and Kaitlin! How good to hear of a young couple who want to put God in His rightful place. Wonderful, TFS. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete