Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chicken Scratch

"Chicken Scratch"
6 x 6, oil, plein air
Available at the Gadsden Museum of Art
Email me if interested in purchasing

Another painting from the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational.  I had finished painting #2 for the day and wanted to squeeze in one more.  I walked around and found my friend Amy Peterson painting sitting on a tree stump.... and there was shade.. which if you know me, is pretty important since I wear a 75 SPF sunblock.  We had a wonderful visit while we were finishing up painting.  She and I have a funny thing we tell each other while painting... "Don't mess it up."

Folks asked me how I was able to paint the chickens.  Before I got out the painting, I took out my sketch book and did some quick pencil sketches of different poses.  Then I pieced the poses together to try to make an interesting composition.


As always, thank you for following my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment