Thursday, April 10, 2014

Harmony in Greens & two more plein air paintings from today

"Harmony in Greens" (two more paintings from the day below)
10 x 10, oil on linen, plein air
available at the Gadsden Museum of Art
(Southeastern Plein Air Invitational)

(painting in progress)

Second painting of the day with the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational in Gadsden, Alabama. I think these are named "snowball hydrangeas" but I'm not sure... l loved the way the sunlight was hitting them from the back this afternoon... and the fact that I could stand in the shade to paint them. Tomorrow we will be painting on Turrentine Avenue... come by and see all the paintings if you can! All of today's work is now on display at the GMA: Gadsden Museum of Art. This painting is available; please contact me or the museum if interested in purchasing. Reference painting #102
"J & D's Barn"
12 x 12, oil, plein air
available at the Gadsden Museum of Art
(Southeastern Plein Air Invitational)


First painting of the day at the beautiful J&D Farms... I think today may have been the prettiest day of the year, and I was blessed to be outside all day enjoying it.  This painting is available, contact me or the GMA: Gadsden Museum of Art if interested in purchasing. Please reference Painting #101.

(painting with scene behind)


 "Chicken Scratch"
6 x 6, oil, plein air

available at the Gadsden Museum of Art
(Southeastern Plein Air Invitational)



 Third and final painting of the day at J&D Farms with the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational in Gadsden, Alabama. I heard these chickens all. day. long. But truly, I loved it. So to close the day out I decided to try to paint them. I first sketched out some poses very quickly in my sketch book, then painted them very loosely on the canvas, hence the title. This painting is available, please contact me or theGMA: Gadsden Museum of Art if interested in purchasing. Reference painting #103.
(painting in progress)



No comments:

Post a Comment