Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"J & D Farms, Gadsden, Alabama" - plein air

 
"J & D Farms"
12 x 12, oil, plein air

Very honored that this painting was awarded the "People's Choice" award at the opening reception Sunday afternoon at the Gadsden Museum of Art.  I knew in my head the way I wanted this painting to turn out, and I didn't want to mess it up, so I kept getting up and walking away from it.  My friend John Guernsey, who was sitting a few yards away painting, asked me, "Why are you taking so many breaks?"  I told him I was trying to make every stroke count.  I have a tendency to "speed paint" somewhat... so my new approach is trying to really think out each mark before making it.

As always, thank you for following my work!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Gina! I loved this painting when I first saw it published! Such a well-deserved award.

    ReplyDelete