Monday, April 14, 2014

Open My Heart

 "Open My Heart"
9 x 12, oil
Available at the Gadsden Museum of Art, contact me for more info if interested

I had the title before the painting.  Yesterday's morning service at my church was about believing and being baptized.  One of the scriptures referenced was Acts 16:14:

"One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer of purple cloth.  She was a worshiper of God.  The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message."

I thought, I always want to have an open heart for the Lord to work on me and through me.  And it's my prayer, if you're reading this now... your heart will be open as well.

I knew afterwards my plans were to go back to the same tree I painted under on the previous day, but to paint the sun coming through the tree, lighting the leaves and the blooms.  I've included pictures of my work in progress, along with the petals landing on my palette, and also a bloom from the tree held up to the painting in progress.

As always, thank you for following my work.  

a fallen bloom held up to the painting

 petals in the palette :)

painting in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment