Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Orange Gerbers and Yellow Daylilies

"Orange Gerbers and Yellow Daylilies"
7 x 5, oil, commission

A couple of years ago I painted a similar painting in my parents' back yard. Art is so subjective, isn't it? I usually listen to my husband's critique but he didn't care for that painting. However, I loved it.. and posted it anyway. It quickly sold. I still give him a hard time about it. I think he didn't care for the abstract quality of the painting... and that's okay, I guess  Recently a dear friend asked me about that painting... telling me it was her favorite. I told her I could paint her a similar one, so here it is  


Thanks for following my work!
My Website

4 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, Gina! Love the abstract elements. Do you know Jennifer Evenhus' work? She, too, does wonderful abstraction and color in her flower paintings.
    Wish I had your creative eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I wasn't familiar with her work, but I looked her up... totally agree with you. Thanks for the kind words Carol!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love this. The colors and the brushwork are sensational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jerry... I branch out from time to time and try different things. Sometimes they fly... most of the time they don't!

      Delete