Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Orinoco Novelty Pom Burgundy Flower

"Orinoco Novelty Pom Burgundy"
Painting #13 of my "30 paintings of May Flowers"
8 x 8, oil

I posted the actual flower set up earlier on my facebook page and asked everyone what kind of flower this was, and most folks said they thought it was a Dahlia.  But then when I posted the actual painting, Sara M. told me she thought they were "pom daisies" which I googled.... and found out the true name.  They are "Orinoco Novelty Pom Burgundy."  Whew!  What a mouthful!!!  I guess some of you are probably ready for something besides flowers... I know my little girl is.  She said, "Mom, you need to paint some animals or SOMETHING ELSE!!"  But it truly is a good exercise for me and I am enjoying it.  As always, thank you so much for following my work!


Here is a photo of my set up... which I changed a little after I began the painting

No comments:

Post a Comment