Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter and "Fearless"

"Fearless"
40 x 30, oil, available soon at Sunshine Village Art Gallery, Watkinsville, GA
$1750
This is an older painting that I really liked but seemed to need a little something extra. Hence the title, "Fearless." It's so easy to paint over an old painting with freedom to explore...nothing to lose... sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. But this is the way I strive to approach all my paintings now, sometimes finding myself too caught up in "I don't want to mess this up" mentality and never push myself to where I might can go. It's a constant high and low, but something keeps me trying over and over. Thank you for following my work!

Looking forward to the Southeastern Plein Air Invitational this week in Gadsden, AL.  Fourteen artists from the southeast coming to paint the town.  This will be my eighth year to participate.  If you're nearby, please plan to come visit, and don't miss Friday night's opening reception (April 1) at the Gadsden Museum of art from 6 - 8 PM.  There will be a silent bid auction with some paintings starting at $100!





No comments:

Post a Comment