Monday, March 21, 2016

Workshop Pictures and "First Day of Spring"

"First Day of Spring"
14 x 11, oil

Okay, so I missed posting this on the actual first day of spring... but to me, the title is so fitting.  All of our trees and shrubs are starting to bloom and it's so beautiful!  This is a painting of some flowering quince from my trip to Rome, Georgia last week.

I had a wonderful time teaching eleven great artists (now new friends -- see photos below).  My next workshop will be April 4 and 5 in Union Point, Georgia and is full, but I'm currently working on scheduling more workshops, and will post here, my facebook page, Instagram, and website when I have dates.  Thank you for following my work!


WONDERFUL group of ladies!  Kathleen Smithson (in front) hosted this workshop at her studio in downtown Rome.  Both days we had a delicious lunch in the outside courtyard (where we are pictured above).  

Below are my two demos from Day 1 and Day 2.


And here are SOME of the finished paintings from Day 2.  I thought everyone's paintings turned out beautifully!  I missed out on getting pictures of some paintings because they were already packing up when I remembered!


No comments:

Post a Comment