Monday, March 6, 2017

Made in His Image

To me, there's a fine line between confidence in one's abilities, and confidence with humility. I really struggle with the whole self promotion as an artist. I'm constantly putting myself out there, and sometimes it seems awkward, as if I am saying, "Look at me, look what I can do," and I hate that feeling. But then one day, I read this verse in Proverbs about the virtuous woman... "she sees that her merchandise is good..." Proverbs 31:8.  And I realized, this ability is given to me, and I can glorify God in using it. I am able to make money doing something I love, while also sharing the joy and beauty of God's creation. We are made in His image, and He is the Creator of all. I believe we all have that desire to create... decorating, writing, cooking, sewing, woodworking... There is a great satisfaction at the end of the day to look at a day's work and say, "It is good." Just as He did at the end of each day of Creation. So that is my aspiration that I am sharing with you, that I strive to live a quiet life, working with my hands for His glory, not mine.

2 comments:

  1. Gina - I know you don't know me, but I so identify with your sentiments in this post - I could have written it!!! Lol. Self-promotion just feels wrong, but thank you for pointing to scripture. My confidence is not in myself, but what God chooses to do thru me when I get myself out of the way 😌 Your work and your heart are beautiful - blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deborah! Going to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete